ONE STEP CLOSER TO BEEKEEPING

March 25, 2010

My equipment arrived! My husband went from a nice healthy brown to a very pale sickly white when he saw me unwrapping the hive. The delivery man couldn't even maintain composure. He asked if I was making honey. It sounded funny me making honey since the bees are the only ones making anything. LOL! When I told him yes, his reply was "Oh God, I hope they don't make me deliver the bees." What is it with men? They are the ones who aren't suppose to be afraid of anything. They're the ones who should take a stinger like a man, right!?! LOL! 



Well it won't be long now. I'm counting down the days til bee arrival. I'll be painting the hive and then practicing over and over and over again opening the brood boxes and inspecting the frames. Hopefully, by the time they arrive I will have practiced so much I could beekeep in my sleep. LOL!

Did I tell everyone yet how terrified I am :/



Yes, the love of my life is a goofball. That is what makes him perfect for me. He was playing around in his new bee suit. A natural born beekeeper. LOL! Yeah right!




Yup, actually made some soap.

but... more importantly... I watched my little baby turn into a little girl. She loves to paint and I love to watch her paint.

Carrie Garvin said...

So many neat things here! Your husband is so funny...I bet he'll enjoy helping you- just watch.

LOVE the soap- looks amazing!

AND-- I can't believe that is your baby--- how could that be????? She's is so adorable- growing up so quickly too (sigh)....

Can't wait to hear more about the buzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

LOL @ your hubby! I'm so excited for you! Oh, I saw this this morning: http://www.organic-gardening-and-homesteading.com/home-business-income-opportunity.html and thought of you, of course.

Your soaps are beautiful, as is your baby!!

Anne-Marie said...

The soaps look amazing! Good luck with your bees. We want pictures when the come in =)

P.S. Your daughter is a doll!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the bee keeping. It sounds exciting and a challenge. Really awesome!

Scented Candles said...

Gorgeous pics! That soap looks so gorgeous! Not sure about the bee keeper suit tho