PESSIMISM GETS YOU NOWHERE

March 16, 2010

I've talked with the neighbors and it seems all my pessimism did is give me sleepless nights because both neighbors were very supportive and intrigued by my need to have honeybees. The neighbors that I thought would be the easiest to convince were a bit skeptical only because the man of the house is terrified of bees after watched his own mother almost die from a bee sting. The neighbors I thought would be the most difficult to convince were excited for me and very interested in the process. So, nothing stands in my way of getting my bees except me.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to get a mentor first and experience bees that way for a while or jump right in with both feet and worry about a mentor later. I'm nervous! I want my bees now but I'm afraid I won't find a mentor and I'd really really like one to be present for my first hiving experience and my first inspection but for now I have to take my child in for a doctors appointment so my fretting over the need for bees is going to have to wait a few hours.