100 BOOK CHALLENGE

January 27, 2009

I have this whole "spring renewal" thing going on for myself and part of that includes challenging myself to do things I know are difficult. I love to read but have a tendency to buy books I think are interesting and then place them on the bookshelf. I've accumulated 3/4 of Barnes & Noble and really need to read my books before I buy anymore, so I've decided to take the 100 Book Challenge listed over on J. Kaye's Book Blog.


If you'd like to join the challenge you can find the rules on J. Kaye's Blog.

My list of books is not complete but here are the books I plan on reading so far:

1. The Real Witches Handbook
2. Intuition by Osho
3. Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama
4. Home Enlightenment by Annie B. Bond
5. The Good Heart by the Dalai Lama
6. 151 Quick Ideas to recognize and reward employees by Ken Lloyd
7. The Backyard Beekeeper Kim Flottum
8. Eastern Body Western Mind by Anodea Judith

I still have to list 92 books.
egassner said...

I LOVE to read....but haven't the time anymore. I think the last book I read completly was 3 YEARS ago? And the one before that? Over 4years? With another babe on the way, I don't see it reading in my future either. Lol!

Anonymous said...

I love to read too, but even more, I love to accumulate books. My husband's the one who said to me "no more buying books until you've read the ones you have". :}

I'd like to join that challenge, but I'm not sure I'd like to commit, so maybe I'll just start my own list in my day planner.

Thanks for posting about it and lighting a fire under my butt, Michelle!

Michelle said...

Thank you Naval for the links, I love art!

Teresa,

Come on, join up!! I notice several people over there are using the challenge as a motivational tool more than thinking about reaching the 100 mark. It is definitely a challenge to reach 100 and I guess if I don't make it, I'm ok with that ~ as long as it gets me reading ;) If I do make it, I'm throwing a mini party for myself. Me and all my books. LOL!

Elizabeth,

I know what you mean. After our littlest was born all hobbies, activities, etc... went on the back burner. I'm slowly crawling my way back. LOL! It is still a challenge. Usually I have her lay in bed with me while I read, that works.

Pam said...

Thanks for the link Michelle, I love to read myself. I think I will join this challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Still thinking about it..... ;)