HAPPY NEW YEAR!

December 31, 2010

I almost forgot to blog "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all of you in cyberland. I cannot believe it is already New Years Eve. I'm not one for cocktails or clubbing, the hubby and I don't care for alcohol and big crowds, so we are hunkered down at home for the night with the kids. Possibly sitting up til midnight to watch that ball thingy come down in New York City (not sure exactly why we do that).

Most of you who read my blog know that I'm not one to go and make New Years Resolutions but I'll admit, this is probably the first year that I've felt like the turn of the year is going to bring great changes.

NUMBER ONE: more traveling. We are starting with a trip dogsledding. Something I've always wanted to do and I know my family will enjoy.

Soon my little tribe will be headed to Ely, MN for a dogsledding vacation with Wintergreen.

(picture source: minnesota-visitor.com)



NUMBER TWO: More classes, starting with knitting. I know how to crochet a hot pad and that is about it. When I'm 70 I'd like to sit in my rocking chair and knit, besides, I've always wanted to learn how to spin and what good is spinning wool into yarn if you can't knit. So, a friend and I will be hitting the yarnery next month and hopefully we'll emerge master knitters.

(picture source: http://www.theyarneryblog.blogspot.com)



NUMBER THREE: Get back to Buddhism. My girls and I were very involved in meditation and Zen Buddhism for a while and then mom died, I took over my sisters care, yadda yadda yadda, and I let that very important part of myself go. Well, we are headed back.

Clouds in water has great classes for families. Sunday's were always a favorite because the kids enjoy their own time learning to live mindfully while I meditate.
(picture source: Clouds In Water Zen Center)



I am read for 2011! Lots of things to look forward to. I won't even THINK about my oldest learning to drive. Let's just forget that part of 2011 :) For now, I'm off to watch the Little House on the Prairie series with my girls.
Anonymous said...

Those are lovely resolutions, and very achievable, I think; I hope you'll accomplish all three! May your 2011 be healthy, joyful, and fulfilling! xo