UNDER THE WILLOW: DOG SHAMPOO

May 4, 2010

Carrie over at Under The Willow Gifts has created some great dog shampoo. I recently purchased a bottle from her for my little ones (I have three chihuahuas) and decided to give it a go. Normally, they hit the groomers, but since my oldest isn't doing well on trips away from home and the others don't like to go anywhere without her, we've decided to do their bathing ourselves. 


Here is my oldest getting a clean coat


Lathering her up:



Enjoying the warm water and massage:



I really love this dog shampoo.

#1 It is natural
#2 It lathers a lot
#3 It is silky smooth
#4 A little goes a long long way
#5 It smells great
#6 The scent lasts (2 days later and my dogs still smell beautiful)

Carrie was also very sweet as to send me two bags of laundry soap for cleaning my dogs bed and fluffy toys. Thank you Carrie!!

Please check out Carrie's store at:

ART FIRE
or at her website
UNDER THE WILLOW SHOP
Carrie Garvin said...

Michelle ~ you are such a dear to post about Howlin' Good Dog shampoo... AND I LOVE LOVE the picture of your little one taking a bath (in a sink----precious).

Can I hijack the picture???? Love to use it!

Michelle said...

Of course you can use the picture! Thanks again for the shampoo, I really love it.

Amy Warden said...

I've always heard good things about her products. Cute pics!!

Anne-Marie said...

Awww. She's a doll. It looks like she's enjoying her bath and new shampoo!

Jennifer said...

I just found this blog. My favorite kind of dog is chihuahua's. I see you have a few. I also live in MN and I am looking to adopt a new chihuahua. I was wondering where did you find yours? I keep checking the shelter's/rescue's but do you know of any good breeder's here in MN? I'll have to try this shampoo once I find a puppy :)

Michelle said...

Amy, you gotta try Carrie's laundry soap - it is the best!

Thanks AM! We really love our little pooch and she's the most patient when it comes to her bath which is nice :)

Jennifer,

All 3 of our chi's were purchased from different breeders. Our oldest was purchased from a breeder I really liked in Owatonna Minnesota but I can't remember the name of the breeder as it was 11 years ago. Our youngest chi which we purchased a few months ago is a great dog and the breeder is by far the best we've worked with. Her pricing is great, her dogs are exceptional quality and well cared for.

The breeder is Elizabeth, she's in Apple Valley. The company name is Diamond Hill Chihuahua. I just checked their website and some puppies are due in May.

http://www.DiamondHillChihuahuas.com/

chi's are so hard to find at shelters because everyone wants them. You might have some luck finding rescued chihuahuas through the Chihuahua Rescue Association.

http://www.chihuahuarescue.com/

Diamond Hill has older chihuahuas that they sometimes sell. Ours was a little over a year when we purchased him. He'd originally been purchased as a show dog but had health problems that prevented him from performing so we bought him and he's a sweet heart.

Jennifer said...

Thank You Michelle. I will keep checking Diamond Hill.
Your soaps look nice too. I might have to give this a try. Looks fun but maybe a little difficult. Patience I will probably need.
Take care :)

Anonymous said...

I need to try this! I looove Carrie's stuff. =)