TIME FOR A BREAK

May 25, 2009

I'm giving the blogging world a little break. Not long, just enough time to deal with priority #1. My sister is in the hospital again. She had gallstone pancreatitis and we had to remove the gallbladder. Instead of your typical lapriscopic surgery she had to have an open. Her incision is about 6 inches long or more. Not pretty. Her recovery isn't going well. She can't eat and the lack of nutrition puts her at risk of developing other infections. She also developed blood clots.

For those of you who know her condition you can understand why it is time for me to focus on this and step away from the computer for a while. Thank you for all the well wishes on FB and inkstainers. I'll update you all soon.
Suds to Love said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, I'll certainly keep her and your family in my thoughts.

Allison said...

Good for you to put the blogging world aside to focus on family. We'll be here when you get back. :-)

Michelle said...

I wish her all the best and a speedy recovery. You should definitely take as much time as you need. *hugs*

cindy said...

Michelle, Definitely you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need an ear, please call. Long distance hugs from Iowa!

Amy W said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Michelle. My prayers are with you and your sister and the rest of your family! {{hugs}}

Carrie Garvin said...

In my thoughts and prayers. I hope her recovery takes an upswing soon.

Hugs

Anne-Marie said...

I am sorry about your sister. You're being a great support to focus on her and we'll be here waiting when you get back. Family comes first. =)

Marisa said...

All the best to your sister. I hope she will soon be up and well soon.