DO YOU DRY BRUSH? YOU SHOULD.

May 7, 2009

If you haven't heard of dry brushing I really suggest you try it out. I've been dry brushing since my early 20's and it really does wonders for the skin. Not only do I notice improvement in my circulation but it makes my skin feel silky smooth. I find it best to do in the morning before my shower since it gives me that "wake up" feeling.


What is dry brushing?
Dry Brushing is a form of massage, exfoliation and detoxification.

Why do it?
Our skin is the largest organ of our body. Dry brushing removes dead skin cells and helps to stimulate new cell growth. It helps remove toxins from the skin which can help eliminate or prevent cellulite on the legs and hips. It helps clean the lymphatic system which creates a stronger immune system.

How is it done?
You use a dry natural bristle brush (always use natural because synthetic can be too harsh for the skin).

Just before you enter your shower take your brush and using smooth strokes start at your feet. Always stroke in the direction of your heart. You can start at the soles of your feet first, then the tops of your feet. Move up to the front of your legs, then back of your legs, etc... You will do every part of your body except your face since the skin on your face is very delicate and could be damaged easily. When doing your breast be careful for the sensitive areas.

This routine should take less than 5 minutes.

Following dry brushing and showering you could rub jojoba or almond oil all over your skin.

Wash your brush with soap and water at least once per week.

egassner said...

Well if it prevent cellulite, count me it! lol!

Sounds very relaxing...I may have to try it when I can reach my feet again. Hehe

Heidi said...

I've heard about this many times and have always meant to give it a try, but never remember to get a natural brush. I'll go put it on my shopping list now...

Ditto on the cellulite thing =D

Amy W said...

I have never heard of it before! Sounds great!

Michelle said...

Now there's an idea! I should invest in a good brush. I love being dry brushed :D