CHRISTMAS HAS COME AND GONE

December 23, 2009

All that preparation for a moment that comes and goes so quickly. Now it is time to move on to bigger and better things... like... pictures.

These turned out so yummy I just had to share. The girls and I made two batches of delicious chocolate chip cookies, our first time ever. Yes, I'm guilty. I have always purchased the mix at the store. You know the one... slice, put on cookie sheet, bake. Now that I have my new kitchen aid I have no excuses for not making cookies from scratch.

Before I get started with cookie baking I'll show off my new kitchen aid from the Martha Stewart blue collection. Woohoo!



Ok, enough of that.



Cookie Recipe:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

The finished product. Yes, they are dark but who cares, they are still edible. I learned that my electric oven bakes cookies faster than a gas oven. Next time I make cookies I won't leave them in 9-11 minutes, it will have to be 7-8 minutes instead.


Now for our Christmas. We do all of our celebrating on Christmas Eve, hence why I am doing a blog post on Christmas day.

Our day consisted of shoveling this 3 different times



and we aren't finished yet. It is one of the reasons I love Minnesota so much. Yes, the darkness in winter is awful and the bitter cold can be draining but the snow really makes it all worth while.

The midwest is getting dumped heavily and it is wonderful. Thankfully, we don't have to go anywhere.

While burried inside yesterday I decided to get one of my card swaps finished. Here is she is in all her glory. My bella!

If you are a stamper you probably know who bella is and I have a bella addiction.



As for our Christmas celebration. Do my kids look happy to have their DSI's? If they don't look happy now they will be VERY happy to have these when we have to take a long flight to visit my in-laws.



Hubby was his usual goofy, cheerful self when putting together one of Aiyana's gifts.



Last but not least is my little angel. She has wanted to be a princess since the first time she saw Cinderella. It was a long wait but the princess has finally arrived.



Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, look at your Kitchenaid!!! =) The cookies look wonderful too; I am so craving sweets right now.

LOL @ your hubby! He looks like he's playing with the kids' toys. ;D

The little princess is too dear!

Hugs for all of you!

Michelle said...

Hey T,
I think we all liked the princess piano more than Aiyana. She had to fight us for it. I wanted to play all the princess music, dad wanted to play the piano, Middy wanted to play with the harmonica. LOL! No wonder Aiyana asked to have it moved to her room.

Anne-Marie said...

Oh wow, your mixer is so awesome looking. I love the color. I went for the red one with the clear bowl because it'll get used for SoapQueenTV episodes (one on Floap!) but man, I wish I could have gotten the blue Martha one - just to channel her a little bit in the kitchen.

Your husband looks so funny and sweet with that hot pink present. =)

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

cindy said...

The girls are so adorable. The baby is growing up so much! Looks like you had much more snow than us. Dain and Cayden are on the road heading up to see us. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Do you know when you will be flying out?

Michelle said...

Hi AM,

Thanks for the holiday greeting!

My hubby wanted me to get the red one sooooo bad, it really is pretty. I just found out that the Martha Stewart kitchenaid also has a blender and a bunch of other things in matching color. What is a girl to do except buy it. LOL!

Cyd, I'm so glad your son and grandson are able to come up and see you, that will be really nice.

We won't be flying out until April 1, when the kids go on spring break. Hopefully things with the airlines don't get any uglier than they already are. Unbelievable that we still haven't found a way to prevent bombs from getting on the plane :/

Anonymous said...

LOL, M!