SOAPY TIME!

October 15, 2020

 I've been working on a few batches of soap for autumn but got sidetracked on the designs. I really need to be making soaps with colors like orange, black, yellow, green, and using embeds like fall leaves or ghosts but I ordered some new and interesting fragrances, molds and glitters so I wanted to give them a try and my design ideas didn't fit the season very much. I have one batch of soap that screams autumn and that's this one (below). It smells like pumpkin souffle. 


This what the 2nd design idea. I coveted the honeycomb mold for a while and was finally able to get it so of course I had to use the honey, milk, and oatmeal fragrance with this.


I finally ordered some eucalyptus spearmint fragrance which I love, love, love. I wanted to make the design simple since all I see when smelling this uplifting scent is a spa and what color fits spa better than a light calming sage green. 


This batch idea came after the glitter arrived. Little stars just seemed to fit perfectly with the autumn fig fragrance and dark grey/blue mica. My daughter named it starry night because she said it reminded her of Vincent Van Gogh's painting by the same name.