NO MORE SOAP SUPPLIES

August 2, 2008

Time to spend money on a new camera. I seriously can't take it anymore. Here is the latest: Strawberry scented soap with strawberry seeds. For the last 4 batches of soap I've used the Heat Transfer Method of soapmaking but........ something is different. I can't put my finger on what it is but something is not quite the same. I like this method because it cuts the soaping time in half but even though I'm using the same base recipe, something about the soap is not the same. I've decided for now to go back to my "old" way of making soap unless I'm ever in a hurry and need to cut soaping time. Anyone else notice the difference in their soaps with the two methods? (when I say two methods I mean the regular old method of matching temps).

Here is the strawberry. Sorry the picture isn't the best :(

Sherrie said...

Oooh, it looks good! I have some strawberry scent and seeds to use, too, in my ever-expanding pile of ideas. What did you use for colour?

Amber said...

These look absolutely delicious! Like, if I had one in the shower with me, I can't promise I wouldn't take a little bite...

Michelle said...

Hi Sherrie, I used what I had left of my lab color from Brambleberry, I believe fuscia.

Thank you ladies :)

Amy W said...

I've tried what you call the "heat transfer" method (I think the person who introduced it to me called it "soaping dirty") and the texture was a little bit different. I always felt like maybe the lye wasn't getting completely dispersed or something. I too went back to my original methods.

Heidi said...

Hmmm, I can't say that I have noticed a difference. Its been a long time since I soaped the old way though...

I LOVE my new camera. We bought a 3 yr. old Canon Rebel. Worth every penny!!