MINNESOTA SHEPHERDS HARVEST

May 14, 2012

We hit the great Shepherds Harvest Fiber Festival over Mother's Day weekend.  Lots and lots of fun things too see; angora rabbits & goats, llama, alpaca, and sheep.  We ate fried pickles dipped in horseraddish sauce and fried walleye.  The Shepherds Harvest and the State Fair are the only two places I'll eat fried anything. LOL!
Here is Aiyana learning how to spin.


One of the many angora rabbits.  This one is a french angora just like our bugs.  I never let buggsies coat get that thick though which is why I don't have much angora to knit with.

Lots of fiber supplies.


Middy enjoying the animals.


How sad is this.  I've dreamed of having an alpaca farm and yet I can't tell you if this is an alpaca or a llama.  That's ok though.  After learning about all the work involved with these little creatures I won't be buying livestock anytime soon.




This is called skirting.  I'm not entirely sure what that means since we missed the demo but there was a sign on the side that said "skirting."  My fiber lingo, unfortunately, is very limited but... I'll get there some day.


I'll blog about what I purchased next : )  Lots of fun stuff.
Writingfor5 said...

I would love to hear more about skirting. Did you hear about fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? I heard they are delicious!

Mil said...

That is an amazing angora rabbit. I couldn't even tell where the head was.

Amazing all the things you are into.

Teresa Robeson said...

Oh so cool!!! Thanks for posting photos. I want to attend a fiber festival one day (there was one close by but hubby didn't want to go that day); I'm afraid I'd just buy waaaay too many things. :P

Funny but I couldn't tell you an alpaca from a llama either. D'oh! LOL!

SoapSudsations said...

I hear llamas make for good guard, well llamas I guess. Altho they're probably not very good at herding bees. ;)