Friday, February 4, 2011

WHEN NATURAL FOODS AREN'T NATURAL: AGAVE

I've had people ask me if I knew anything about the sweetener agave and all I could do is reference a couple articles I read in the environmental magazine "E" a while back. The articles quoted professionals such as nutritionists, scientists, doctors saying why agave is not the healthiest sweetener but the article on NourishedKitchen.com gives the most detailed unbiased information on agave I have read to date. The comment section also answers some interesting questions as well. If you use agave or are considering its use, please read this link.

Once the process of turning aguamiel into agave nectar is complete, the end result contains as much as 90% fructose. Keep in mind that high fructose corn syrup with all its documented ill effects attributable to its fructose content is only 55% fructose.


NOURISHED KITCHEN ARTICLE HERE



Here is an article I read in E Magazine:

CLICK HERE

I'm on the hunt in the archives for the others I read.