THE BEES ARE IN A TIZZY

June 9, 2010

Not sure what woke them up but they are very awake this afternoon. I almost forgot that I had bees until today. They've been so quiet, not really showing signs of "business as usual". Coming and goings as normal but no big cluster of bees rushing out to greet the sunshine as I've seen in the past. I didn't worry this time, kept my cool as I've overreacted before for no reason, then I went out back to work in the yard and not only is the front of the hive covered in bees but hundreds are flying overhead. I like that sight, just not sure what to make of it. I'm thinking it means NECTAR TIME! and my girls are happy. If that is true than I can take that stinkin sugar/water feeder away and let my girls work naturally.



Sam Smith said...

I'm sure you can remove the feeder, my bees seem to be doing the same thing, we are in clover season (in eastern ontario at least) so that might be whats causing all the excitement. It is really strange I get all happy when I see the bees doing this too :P must be a mental thing.

TeresaR said...

Wow...that must have been quite a sight! I hope they make tons of honey for you!!

Jim said...

Soon you will see so many coming and going it will be almost dizzying watching them. I walk out and just watch in amazement every day. It sure gives meaning the the phrase "busy bees!"