Saturday, June 26, 2010

3rd HIVE BODY IN PLACE


June 24 I upgraded to 3 hive bodies. I know I did it prematurely. We had about 7 full frames of honey and brood and I was suppose to wait til there were 8 full frames but I was sensing that they were feeling stuffed in there. Call me crazy but it was a mothers instinct. LOL! I removed the cork from the 2nd hive body and removed the entrance reducer and they are no longer clustering outside the hive in the evenings or in the day (as they were doing previously). They haven't adjusted to using the 2nd hive body entrance though. I watch and see no bees coming and going from that entrance. Maybe they need time to get use to it or they hate me for giving them too much room and they are punishing me once again by not following the beekeeping instruction manual.