SIGNS OF SPRING & HAPPINESS

April 22, 2010

This has to be the best sign of spring. While hubby was adding fresh cedar mulch around the perimeter of our home he found a nest of little bunnies. We decided to leave that area alone until they were grown and gone. Hubby found them in a hole under our front door mat that had blown onto the ground over the winter. Their little hole is filled with mama's warm bunny fur. They are adorable. And no, Maya didn't take the baby out of its home, when they accidently happened upon the nest one of them tried to run away and we feared for its safety so Maya quickly grabbed it and returned it to its nest. Now we just watch their mother return each evening to take care of them.





Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... the staff got together for dinner. We had a great time with one another. They are all doing such a great job with my sister. Very caring, very skilled ladies (and my good friend Bill - who is not a staff member but a member of my family). It is such a relief to finally be in a place that I can now say I have EXCELLENT caregivers for my sister and I trust each and every one of them. It was a long 3 years to find the right people but BY GOLLY I THINK I'VE DONE IT :)




Please check out my other blog, my bees came today! My Life with Bees
Carrie Garvin said...

The bunnies are so cute- great pictures!

Also- Staff dinner--- very very nice.