MY BUSINESS IS GETTING A MAKE OVER

November 12, 2009

I went from crazy, over the top, ready to sell anything I could make business woman in the early 2000's to no business woman at all. After my mom died in 2007 my life took major turns. Some I was prepared for and some... well... not so prepared for. I tried holding onto the business end of myself but completely lost it. I didn't really want to make anything, just pretended like I did. I thought if I pretended than it really meant I wanted to but... we all know how that can go.

The last 2.5 years have been full of learning experiences. A lot has happened, most of which would bore you all so I won't share it. I've even had people come IN and then OUT of my life recently that strangely impacted my view of myself and my view of the world. I actually can say with 100% certainty that I'm happy and feel energized all over again. With that said, I'm back to business and for starters, I have a new improved permanent logo.

I've gone through a few logo changes and although the others were adorable I learned that the first wasn't copyrighted to me - which is no good, the 2nd was cute but cute isn't going to represent my business well. I ask the designer of my new logo to give me something whimsical but professional. I wanted a fairy but it had to look like a logo and not just a piece of art. She did great. More than great, it is perfect. Here it is:



I also have a new website but haven't quite uploaded anything yet. That will be the next step. Still trying to figure out the "cart" part of the site. Slowly but surely. I'm in school now and trying to get inventory stocked, so it will take a while.

The business card is all finished:




I've received multiple shipments of supplies and it is time to get really busy creating and marketing myself again. The good thing is, those who loved my products before still love them. Those who don't know them definitely will very soon :)
Anonymous said...

KUDOS!
It's hard pulling yourself together and deciding THIS is THE direction I want to go.

Can't wait to ooh ahh and lust after some soap pixie!

Diane said...

I love the logo!!! I can't wait for the website. Will it be ready for Christmas shopping?

Michelle said...

Than you! I plan on having things uploaded the first week of December Diane.

Thanks for popping in Rebecca. I hope I can create something you'll enjoy looking at :)

cindy said...

Oh kiddo how darn adorable!!!!! Love the logo, waiting for the store to be up and runnning. Will you be ready for christmas goodies?

Miss our chats, will have to try to catch you sometime when you are facebooking so we can visit. Hope the family and everyone is okay. I know you are an extremely strong woman with a great life and future. I am so thankful you are my friend!!!!!

Michelle said...

Hey Cyd,

I miss our chats too. I do hope to catch you on FB one of these days. We cross paths on Farm Town I think. LOL! All my livestock was waiting for me when I came home. LOL!

Your such a sweet friend, I'm thankful to know you :) Thanks for your comments about the logo.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely wonderful to hear about your logo re-design and readiness to start anew! Go you!!!

I wish you great success and much happiness in re-starting your venture! I can't wait to try something of yours. =)

Carrie Garvin said...

Michelle~ I just love love love your Pixie logo! You are going to be a terrific business person because you are superbly talented, great to talk to, you are always learning (and sharing)..I can't wait for you to open a website for Pixie items for sale!

BIG HUGS!!!!!!

Amy W said...

What happened to your blog??? Have you been hacked??? Love your new logo & business cards! So glad you are back in the swing of things. :)

Michelle said...

Thank you Carrie for such kind words. You are always so supportive and helpful ((hugs))

Thank you Amy!! I'm not sure about the blog, it looks ok right now from my end. What were you seeing, I hope it wasn't something awful :(

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats on getting back on your feet and finding your energy and mojo again. There's nothing like a little reinvention from a logo and branding standpoint to set you down the right path.