THE WORST FRAGRANCE EVER

March 23, 2009

I've seen a few blogs where people discuss their favorite fragrances so I thought I'd ask, what is your least favorite fragrance (FO or EO)?



I think my least favorite FO would be "hot chocolate." In theory it sounded good but after I received it I really hated the scent. I won't be getting that one again.

My least favorite EO would have to be sandlewood. I use to like it but lately I hate it. I can't explain why it is, I just know I don't like it in anything.
cindy said...

Michelle, I had to giggle when you said "Hot Chocolate". I loved chocolate and so my MIL bought me a candle that was Fudge. Thought I would love it, Stunk! Finally threw it out after she had been over for dinner a couple of times and we had burned it while she was there. YUKY.

Loved your sandlewood soap.

Sherrie said...

I tried Bramble Berry's Winter Grapefruit FO and had to compost the batch, I disliked the scent so much. I can see how other people might like it, but it was way too perfumey and fake for my taste. Eeeew. Just thinking about it makes me wrinkle my nose. My least favourite EO is Ylang-Ylang. Cat pee. That's exactly what it smells like to me. :)

Michelle said...

Sherrie,

I haven't tried ylang ylang in soap but your right, I've smelled that one and didn't find it very appealing. I like your analogy of cat pee. LOL!

Cyd, your so sweet. I'm glad you like the sandlewood soap. I use to love sandlewood and recently I made a perfume oil with it, combined with lavender. NOTE to others: to ever mix those two. ICK!! LOL! Lately, the sandlewood and I are not friends.

Mo said...

Ha ha, DH says ylang ylang smells like a baby diaper to him. :)

Christine said...

I was so excited when I ordered Raspberry Truffle only to find it makes me sick to my stomach. What a disappointment.

Amy W said...

I'm really not big on the herbal smells. Rosemary comes to mind. I can't think of a fragrance oil that was downright awful, except when I ordered some cheap stuff that turned out to be crap.

Heidi said...

Great post and comments =D I have horrible memories of a substitute teacher who doused herself in lilac perfume. I can't stand ANYTHING that is scented with lilacs unless its an actual lilac. I've wanted my own bush for years!

Ylang-ylang is my favorite too! I always think B.O. when I smell it. EWW!

Carrie Garvin said...

Cucumber! I suppose if it was mixed with something it would work...I have a large bottle of it--unused.

Hugs

Joanna Schmidt said...

Right now I am hating:
1. Sherrie...winter grapefruit-yik.
2. tea tree oil
3 lavender


Oh I'm sure my list is much bigger,but I can't think of anymore right now.....

:P

Sherrie said...

Hah! When I read Joanna's comment, it sounds like she hates me, rather than the Winter Grapefruit. Heh heh! I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :)

Michelle said...

Sherrie,

Joanna doesn't like the way YOU smell. So.... I'm never using you in my soap recipes. LOL!!!

the little travelers said...

i'm with you on the sandlewood. i bought a book once from a groovy bookstore that had sandlewood incense burning heavily in the store so the book wreaked of it the entire time i read it and that was it for me- no more!

Michelle said...

That is sooooo true about the books from stores that have incense burning. We have a place here called "present moment books and herbs" and as much as I love shopping there my books have to go through quarantine when we bring them home. LOL!