REIKI

February 15, 2009

For many years I wanted to become a trained Reiki healer and today I finished getting Attunement I. It was a powerful experience. My instructor was Beth Hanson, she is an amazing artist and a very kind individual. Just being around her is relaxing. There were 2 others in our group, Susan & Casey. It was comfortable being with everyone, the energy was very positive and it was nice to be around people who are very well read and educated in the esoteric practices as well as modern medicine. We had some very interesting conversations. My Attunement II will be in a couple months, in the meantime I have the joy of doing healings on my friends and family (and my pets). I must say... I'm feeling EXCELLENT right now!



Anonymous said...

I need to read mope about Reiki; have seen it mentioned in many places, but just never learned about it. :}

Way to go, Michelle!!

Michelle said...

I think you'd like it T. It was interesting doing a "self scan" and feeling which chakras had dense energy and needed healing.

cindy said...

I think you will be good at this. You are such a sensitive soul.

Carrie Garvin said...

Very interesting--I hope to learn more. This is the first I have heard about this technique.

Hugs

Michelle said...

Hi Carrie,

I didn't realize it was unknown to most people. Years ago I was at a Tibetan Film Festival when a woman and I got into a discussion and she asked me if I'd ever had a reiki healing. I hadn't. She had and she couldn't say enough good things about it. From that point forward I wanted to know more but just now I felt moved to become a practitioner.

Denise W said...

Michelle - I admit I haven't read your blog in awhile so I know I'm commenting on an older post. but I think this is really, really cool. I too have considered doing the training, and I have had no exposure to it! I just think it sounds cool. So I think it's great that you are doing this. As a matter of fact, i've been looking for a pratitioner, so I'd definitely be interested in doing a session with you. Maybe we could even trade services. :)