NEVER A DULL MOMENT

September 18, 2008

Sorry I have not blogged lately. I'm seriously losing touch with the blog community. I try really hard to get online and whip as fast as possible through blogs and the couple forums I frequent but lately there just isn't enough time in a day.

My sister is profoundly disabled and she lived with my mother 20+ years with 24/7 nursing and my mother as guardian. When mom passed away I took on the responsibility of guardian, ocassional caregiver, and staff manager. I've wanted to maintain this small business of mine, even signed up to do card classes and sell Stampin Up products, but I've seriously got in over my head.

My sister is my #1 priority and lately there have been issues upon issues, meetings upon meetings. It just gets more interesting by the moment. So it seems the whole crafting for the public is going to have to wait. As it is, my hubby left his job to help me juggle the responsibility of raising 3 girls, maintaining my house and my sisters house, plus give me the hours I need to work with staff and other issues.

At least I can still craft for myself. I love my soap and I love my cards. It is just a relief to say it out loud, that I'm only crafting for me and not someone else for a while. I don't have the pressure to have something done by a specific time that I know I'll never get around to.

I hope all my blogging pals are still out there :( That I cannot live without :)
egassner said...

I'm still here! And it's not just you, I've noticed it everywhere lately...including myself. It's just that time of year where everyone is still trying to enjoy summer yet get the home in order for winter.
Hope everything is well you your family

Rachel said...

Looks like you have a lot on your plate!!! It's great to see someone so devoted to their family- your sister is blessed.

Suds to Love said...

Hugs to you as you get everything under control:-)

koinonia community said...

I'm here also, and sending prayers for strength your way. Family is so important. The rest can wait. And, hey, we still love you!

Carrie Garvin said...

Big hugs to you & your family. You have certainly earned your wings...take one day at a time. Family first will always be the right choice.

Again-big hug

SoapWithBalls said...

I hope things turn out the way your hoping for.
Take care.

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Lots of hugs and support for you with your sister, Michelle! I'm still here checking in... I know how hard it is to get the blog & everything else done~ take care of yourself. We'll all be here!

xoxo Heather

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

I applaud your dedication to your family. I know it's not easy taking care of someone who is disabled. I did it for 13+ years, and I would drop everything in a heartbeat when it comes to my sister.

cindy said...

Michelle, as you know I am extremely proud of you and am here to support you in every and any way I can!

Glad you are still able to do things for you and step back so that you can enjoy yourself!

(((hugs)))