WHATS UP WITH THE SANDALWOOD??

August 2, 2008

I made a batch of soap using sandlewood powder for color yesterday. Now, I picked up what was labelled as red sandlewood at a store here in Minneapolis. I didn't know what properties it would bring to my soap, if any, so I did some research and learned that it produces a nice purple color. Well, something isn't right. Looks like sandlewood powder, smells like sandlewood powder, but this is what color it is in my soap:



Does anyone have a clue as to why I didn't get purple?? :(
Michelle said...

Someone asked me what the dark area on the top of the soap is. It is just a shadow. I don't know how to take pictures very well.

KAT said...

I like that it "didn't" turn purple. I think that sandalwood should be brown, and the swirls look delicious!
Kat
Please check out my new blog and leave me any comments or suggestions:
http://soycandleblog.blogspot.com/

KAT said...

I don't know why, but am very glad it didn't turn purple. I think sandalwood should be brown, and your soap looks delicious!
Kat
Please check out my new blog and leave me any comments or suggestions:
http://soycandleblog.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

I don't know about the color, but your swirl looks great!

Michelle said...

Thank you ladies :)

Carmen Rose said...

Sandlewood does turn a purplish over time, it takes a while though. And really, it's kind of a dark brown with purple overtones anyway, not like you'd look at it and think "purple" anyway.