SOAPMAKING DAY

July 31, 2008

Today was soapmaking day again for Donna and I. We've committed ourselves to a couple craft shows this fall so it is time to experiment with what types of soap we want to create. This was my first experience with rose clay. What were the results? Well, I didn't really like the way it looked when it was poured into the mold, neither did Donna. Brick red isn't the prettiest of colors. So to top off the ugly brick red soap we poured in an essential oil blend that was just as ugly. LOL! Stinky scent for ugly soap. LOL! It will be interesting to oncover it tomorrow.

Here is Donna hard at work:

Heidi said...

I bought a 1/2# of "pink" clay from my supplier in town and she accidently delived a whole pound. What the heck am I going to do with all that?! = )

I wasn't expecting it to turn brick red = 0 I'm glad I used it in a swirl...its not nearly as ugly that way! http://soapaholicsanonymous.blogspot.com/2008/06/pictures.html

Michelle said...

Hi Heidi,

I just saw one of E. Gassner's soaps and it looks like she swirled with rose clay (not sure) but if a swirl with rose clay looks like that, I am liking it much more now. Her soap looks really pretty. I'll take photos of the soap I used the rose clay with. The final product (24 hrs later) faded so I'll show everyone what it turned out like.

Heidi said...

Oh, I would love to see an entire bar made with it...especially if it fades a bit = )