SO WHAT IS THIS FELT SOAP?

March 15, 2008

JERABEKS CAFE

I've been hearing a lot about felt soap and reading about it here and there. I didn't give it much thought until the other day when I was visiting a cafe in my old neighborhood. There is a bohemian family I grew up with that has a family owned cafe since 1908, that everyone in the neighborhood loves to visit. Well, recently, one of the owners decided to sell her handmade soaps. I was excited when I saw they are felt soaps so of course I had to get one. Well, I tried it out and now I'm hooked. I really like the way it felt on my skin. I was worried at first it would be scratchy or itchy but it was super soft and I love the way I don't need to use a washcloth because the felt does the job.  

If anyone is interested in learning to felt I found this tutorial on YOU TUBE. 
CLICK HERE!


Heather@Twin Birch said...

I didn't get felted soap either, but you're inspired me to check it out! Thanks for the great clip! Heather
ps. Your blog looks lovely!!

Michelle said...

Thank you Heather! I think you'll like the felting. It really is nice.

Carrie Garvin said...

Thanks for sharing. Soooo many possiblities when making or presenting soap!

Anne-Marie said...

I love felted. We used to do classes at Otion for felting as a drop-in lunch time class because it was so easy and quick to do.

It's also a great way to "save" kind of ugly soap. =)

Michelle said...

Great idea AM! Covering up an ugly soap with pretty felt :)